Friday, June 20, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Didja miss me? A few notes before I begin.....



1) On the next-to-last day of our trip, (THE DAY BEFORE OUR "TOURIST DAY") I formatted my memory card!!! I. AM. SO. MAD. So, there won't be many pictures for a while.... [Edit: I'm getting the memory card back today, so pics will be up later this week]

2) I've actually been back for a few days, and I'm leaving for Peru in a week, so I will be putting shorter entries together. I also may post twice in one day, in case I want to post something completely unrelated to my trips.

3) On the subject of pictures again, I do have the pictures from my moms camera, which became my own after I formatted my card. My mom didn't care; she doesn't even know how to take a picture with her phone. No offence to her, but she is technology deficient. (Seriously! When I was four, I was teaching her how to put a CD-ROM in the CD drive on our old computer!)



Anyhow, Here's my first journal entry!

O6.10.08/Day One

Today we traveled- not much happened. Fortunately, the flights were boring; no turbulence or anything. On flight to Miami, College Road Trip was shown, and we watched 27 Dresses on the way to Cost Rica. (The censored version was shown.) Both of them are good movies.

Anyhow, when we got to Costa Rica, we went to our hotel, got settled in, and went out for dinner. All-in-all, a pretty boring day.

~Faith

o6.11.08/Day Two

Travel day- again. We had a six hour bus ride, a 10 minute river crossing, and a second thirty- minute bus ride. We had to wait about an hour for our luggage to arrive, though.

Right now, we're about to eat dinner, and will probably go to bed soon after.

Today and yesterday, I read twilight- for about the third time! It's so good; I never get tired of it! I would read it again, but I really should get started on Animal Farm. I really don't mind; I actually like classic literature- somewhat. I've heard a lot of good things about Animal Farm, though, so it shouldn't be that bad

I'm excited to see everyone from last years trip again. A lot of people didn't return, but some did and I'm happy to see them again. I can't wait to start work again tomorrow!

~Faith

PS: We saw the most adorable puppy today when we arrived. We named him Tico, (The name Costa Ricans call Costa Rican men/boys) and he followed us EVERYWHERE, but he disappeared after dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep! I missed ya!

I was thinking I probably missed a whole bunch of updates from you, but I see I'm not that far behind. I added you to my reader so I'll be sure to catch all the latest news from your trips. Sounds like things got off to a pretty good start.