Monday, June 9, 2008

Costa Rica

Well, my bags are packed and I'm ready to go! First stop: Cost Rica! I don't know what time my flight leaves, but my family is leaving for the airport at 3:00 AM, so I'm assuming it leaves around 7 or so. We're actually going with a group of people from our church on a medical mission's trip, we're meeting at the church at 3:15, so really, we'll officially be on our way to the airport at 3:30.

Anyway, my parents will be working in a medical clinic, and I think I'll be working with the children, and I might be going with my dad further into the jungle and will be doing blood pressures and such.

The place we'll be working is a little jungle town near the Panamanian border. A group from San Jose goes there about every two months and does a clinic and some other ministries for different age groups. (e.g. a Bible story/ craft for the kids, and sewing projects for the women, and soccer with the teenagers.)

I have a journal I received as a gift a few years ago and never used until now that I'm taking with me. I'll try to write in it every day and post what I wrote when I get back, so as huckdoll said "you can live vicariously through me!" My dad also got me a bigger memory card for my camera, so I'll also have LOTS of pictures for you and videos for youtube!

Alrighty, I am going to sleep now, because I'll need it- I can't sleep on planes! Fortunately, I have a lot of books to read- I have to read Of Mice and Men and Animal Farm for school and write a report on each of them. My goal is to have one report done before I leave for Peru, but my personal philosophy is "Procrastinators of the world unite! -- Tomorrow."

~ Faith

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow ... quite an adventure. Animal Farm was one of my favorite. It really was a neat comment on world history.

~Jef

Anonymous said...

What an amazing opportunity! I can't wait to read all about it and see your pics. Be safe.

Vixbil said...

Wow what an amazing opportunity, have a great and uplifting time
xx