Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Final Exams Suck.

I wanna post something, but:
a) I dunno what
b) I gotta study for finals.

Schools almost over for me; I have one more exam tomorrow, then I'm done for the year! UGH! I do NOT want to study. I'm so tired, and I can't focus at all! My Ancient Civ. teacher told us exactly what to study, but it's a lot, and it's very tedious work. My study guide for his midterm was 10 pages!
Fortunately, my most important exam is out of the way- English. I want to be a writer, and my grade on the exam determines weather I'll be in Honors English or not. In January, I applied to take Honors English-the highest level English class for sophomores at my school- and I was accepted. However, to be in honors, one has to have at least a "B" average at the time of applying, and at the end of the school year. I currently have a "B-." One thing I like about my school is that semester exams only count for 1/7Th of your grade in that class, because its hard to change your final grade- If you're doing really good and you bomb your exam, you still do great at the end of the semester. Unfortunately, I really need to change my grade in English! I have to get 7 points higher than my current average to move up a letter grade, so I need to get a 91 on my exam to get a "B."

I just checked my school's online grade book, and I actually have a 86 in that that class- so that means I need an 93 on my exam, which I cannot find anywhere!

Tomorrow at exactly 10:00AM I will be a sophomore. YAY.

I can't believe it. I'm only a freshman and I can't wait to get out of here. Did you know there's an actual high school named hell? Seriously, who names a school- the epitome of torture for all teenagers- hell? The only thing I would "like" (lack of better term) about that would be being able to say at the end of the school year/graduation "I can't wait to get out of hell!"

Today I auditioned for my schools select traveling choir. Everyone who auditioned made it- only eight people auditioned. Honestly, that's not that bad for my school- we have 160 students in the high school and 400 in the entire school. It worked out perfectly, though; four girls auditioned and four guys auditioned. Technically, I'm not officially in until tomorrow when the results are posted, but when you're one of eight auditioning, it's a shoo-in.

This summer is going to be so chaotic. In less than a week, I'm going to Costa Rica on a mission trip; two weeks later I go to Peru for two weeks; and the first two weeks of August, I'll be in Ukraine!

The Summer of Chaos starts tomorrow.

~Faith

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Costa Rica, Peru and Ukraine? All in one summer? It may be chaotic, but it sounds amazing to me!

Faith said...

yea.. amazing but sleepless.

Soge shirts said...

Congrats on surviving freshmen year. The last three will be easier. Wow costa rica, peru, and Ukraine will be awesome. I've always wanted to go to Costa Rica.

Unknown said...

The Summer of Choas sounds fabulous! Make sure to keep up with your blog so we can all live vicariously through you.

Conragts to you and on becoming a sophomore!

Don't be a stranger at my blog..thanks for peekin' in :)

Anonymous said...

I could handle Eastern Europe right about now.

~Jef

Logzie said...

Hey, I popped on over from Terri's blog per her invitation. I find your blog very interesting and you certainly do write very very well!

Your summer sounds very exciting and I'm with Huckdoll...you must post so we can all live vicariously thru YOU! Ha!

Nice meeting you!