Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Here's my list:
1. Dye my hair purple.
2. Go hang- gliding.
3. Learn to Drink Tea without a ton a sugar.
4. Go to a Broncos/ Redskins game with Arielle
5. Go on another Royal Servants trip
6. Get a bookshelf big enough to fit all my books on it
7. Catalog my “library” (bookshelf… only one…)
8. Read the Circle trilogy by Ted Dekker
9. Go to London
10. Go to Purple Door
11. Blog every day for a month
12. Finish a book I started
13. Sing a Solo
14. Keep my room clean for a month
15. Read the entire Harry Potter series in 7 days
16. Read one book a day for a month.
17. Scrapbook- and actually finish the book myself.
18. Reread my American Girl books
19. Go on a road trip with my best friends
20. Get a pedicure
21. Go six months without soda
22. Go a week without caffeine.
23. Learn to play guitar.
24. Have a “Spa Day”
25. Become a full vegetarian for either lent or one month
26. Make distinguished honour roll.
27. Learn British spelling.
28. Learn another language.
29. Get another piercing.
30. Go on a media fast for a week
31. Keep in touch with friends who don’t live near me.
32. Write a poem that’s actually good.
33. Go water skiing
34. take the SATS
35. Get my license. (Permit first)
36. finish health class
37. use my library card for something other than online research
38. get a belt from Hot Topic
40. Read the entire Bible
41. Reread my favourite childhood books.
42. Finish a colouring book.
43. Do my summer reading at the beginning of the summer.
44. Figure out what I want to be when I grow up
45. Take voice lessons
46. Go to Scotland
47. Apply for College
48. Find a college I want to go to.
49. Relearn Piano
50. Relive family memories. (e.g. go to places we went to a lot when I was younger)
51. Complete at least one item on my bucket list.
52. Fly in a Hot Air balloon
53. Get a henna tattoo.
54. Eat healthy for a week
55. Do a 30 hour famine
56. Have a lead role in a musical.
57. Watch all the superman and batman movies
58. See Titanic
59. Drink an entire cup of black coffee.
60. Go Whitewater rafting
61. Have a Disney cartoon movie marathon
62. Get my teeth whitened.
63. Watch a sport event live at the Olympics.
64. Memorise my mom’s chocolate chip cookie recipe.
65. Read 50 books in a year.
66. Play with a parachute like you did in kindergarten.
67. Take pictures in a photo booth with either my best friends or a boyfriend. (If I even have one in the next 3 years)
68. Do 50 sit ups a day for a month
69. Mail a secret to Post Secret
70. Do a random act of kindness; preferably anonymously.
71. Visit the museum of natural history in NYC
72. Go to wal-mart and do a bunch of random things with my friends and film it. (such as the ones from the “Random things to do in Wal-Mart facebook group)
73. Run a mile everyday for a week
74. Lead a bible study/small group
75. Buy the actual CD of all the borrowed music on my ipod.
76. Keep my locker clean for three consecutive months.
77. Find a cause I’m passionate about.
78. Buy an Abort 73 shirt
79. Buy a To Write Love on Her Arms shirt.
80. Improve my spelling
81. Improve my grammar.
82. Be less hypocritical.
83. Go two weeks without adding salt to food. (meaning putting it on top of food)
84. Go to a coffee shop and get coffee and not a mocha or frozen coffee drink.
85. Drink caffeine and not get addicted.
86. Floss my teeth everyday for a month.
87. Give up chocolate for 10 days
88. Go to IKEA and buy something.
89. Plant a garden and take care of it.
90. Participate in “Secret Santa’s”
91. Become a less picky eater: Try five new food items. (0/5)
92. Reread and finish 2 manga series. (0/2)
93. Take one picture a day for a year. 0/365)
94. Give presents to my family and friends just because.
95. Go to Mall of America.
96. Make a duct tape bag.
97. Go to the great lakes.
98. Visit the west coast.
99. Fix my bottom teeth
100. Find something I’m passionate about.
101. Complete this list!