Friday, September 19, 2008

Flyleaf

One of my favorite bands EVER is Flyleaf. I really like their song "I'm So Sick," because it's just so fun to blast, and Lacy is an amazing singer and one of the few girls I've heard that can pull off screaming, but my favorite is "Cassie." The song is about a girl who died during Columbine, and it is an amazing story. When the gunmen started shooting, Cassie Bernall hid in a trashcan, but was found. She was asked to deny Christ and she didn't. I'm always amazed hearing stories like this, where people are told to deny God or die. I pray that if I'm ever in a situation like that, that I will have the courage to do the same.


"I'm So Sick"



"Cassie"



This is the link to a slideshow with pictures of Cassie and another girl who was also killed for her faith set to "Cassie"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwJIW-6bTt0

I also like their song "All Around Me." Honestly, If I could, I would just post all of their songs. All of you should just go and buy their CD, 'cuz it's amazing.

3 comments:

terri said...

The only reason I even know who they are is because my mp3 player came with one of their songs on it. I really liked it too, but I can't remember offhand what song it was.

a fan said...

I love your attitude and devotion to Christ. Aside from Christ, nothing else really matters!

Unknown said...

ya there was this other girl, i think her name was Rachel Scott - but I might be wrong - and they shot her friend on the stairs of the library and then shot her in the leg when she was trying to crawl away, and then they grabbed her by the hair and asked her if she believed in Jesus - she said yes, they shot her in the head. At least I think that's what happened. I cried when I heard that.